Connecting in the Quiet

 A moment of silence

What does that mean? As a child, I would hold my breath and stare at my shoes and wait until it was over. Now? I quiet my mind, and emotion takes over. The energy has to go somewhere, after all.


In this day of information, the onslaught is relentless... and a moment of silence? A rare commodity, given when demanded, but usually not to ourselves. And when you shut out the world--what do you hear? I'm willing to bet it's always different, especially when your inner voice is influenced by emotions. That's a train that can veer off-course when you least expect it. Somedays, you glare at the station as you arrive, refusing to get off the train and other times? You're the first to jump on the platform and see what adventure awaits. Spontaneity...another gem we keep locked in the box called: later

So, in these trying times, I've been embracing silence, as uncomfortable as it is. I've given 'The Girl Without a Plan' a raincheck, but I'm looking forward to a day I can go where the wind takes me. 

For those of you who are feeling battered by the news and the changing world, I offer this...


A Moment of Silence

Is never silent

Reflections inundate as after images burn

Tears swell, transforming 

d

r

o

p

p

i

n

g

slowly

to the bottom of the hourglass of collected memory

A moment 

connecting with those who share the silence, I can feel them pull me

And share my pain

Stronger in the knowing, the accepting

We are all one when we reach out

In a moment of silence




Drop me a note & receive an email notification when a new a post is published.

Name

Email *

Message *

Popular Posts